Thursday, June 16, 2011

Touring the Birthing Center

Yesterday Mitch and I toured the birth center we hope to use, Breath of Life.  I'm really hoping for a natural birth, and that's what they're all about.  I want to minimize interventions (hopefully to zero).  The place is so nice.  They have three rooms, all with garden access, big showers, birthing pools, and more.  I'm really interested in the possibility of a water birth since everything I've read says it is a natural pain and tension reliever.  As long as everything stays low-risk we can birth there, but if anything became high-risk I would be transferred elsewhere.  I like that we have control and a say in what goes on both during labor and to the baby.  There's no nursery, and I could go home as early as four hours after the birth.  It sounds fabulous.

We scheduled our first pre-natal appointment.  It will be July 11th.  It will just be checking me out mostly, but I hope we might get to hear the baby's heartbeat.  As far as I can tell, we won't get an ultrasound until 18-20 weeks which will be sometime in September!  It seems so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment