Friday, January 27, 2012

In the Zone

So at 37 weeks, I'm officially allowed to have Jonah at Breath of Life, not that I think he has any intention of showing up early.


I think we're pretty ready. The nursery is mostly done, just need curtains and a rug, but he won't be in there much at first anyway. We have most of the supplies we'll need, and everything we should need immediately. We just have to figure out what food to bring to the birth center. I need good energy foods that I'll actually want to eat, and something nutritious and delicious for afterward. It's a tough one because most people have had their babies in the hospital where they weren't allowed food. The birth center can only be so much help because they aren't used to making recommendations for vegans. Still any suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Don't pack anything that will make you extra gassy, you'll have enough going on in that department.
    I'm not sure if you have access to refrigerators or microwaves but I'll offer a few suggestions. Some of the foods may be good to sit out for a few hours, others not so much.
    Nut Butters and fruit/veggies
    Bean Burritos
    granola
    PB&J
    Oatmeal
    dried fruit
    quinoa dressed up how ever you like
    McDougal soups
    nuts
    Frozen Smoothies (if you can keep them cold)
    Premade wraps (if you can keep them cold)

    I wasn't vegan when I was pregnant, I started eating a a plant-based diet when my baby was about 8 months old. He is a year old now and loves his veggies. He is a vegan baby with the exception of breast milk, he is still nursing strong.
    I hope you have a great delivery!

    ReplyDelete