Tuesday, May 8, 2012

In His Own Room

Well, starting this week, our baby has moved to his own room. It seemed like the right time. He's sleeping through the night more often than not, and he's just getting too long for his Moses basket. Co-sleeping never really worked for us. It always seemed like our bed was too small, and he has always been a pretty good night sleeper in his own space.

The first night, he didn't wake up once between 8:30 and 6:30, but I did. Every little squawk or grunt on the monitor had me lifting my head to watch and see if the little red dots kept going. Last night, he did wake up once... after eight hours, so I can't really complain. Overall, he hasn't really seemed to notice.


I'm pretty good with the move too. Last night I slept a little better, and it's nice to not have him wiggling around so much in his sleep right next to me.

Our naps our still stuck though. He can't stay asleep without a crutch, either sleeping on my lap, or on my back, or in the car... just not in his crib or on our bed. It's not a huge deal when I'm home, but I'm a little worried about the next few weeks when I'll be at school every day. So I'm always looking for tips there!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...so sweet! That is a nice transition to make when the baby gets to sleep alone. Congratulations!

    I have no tips on the napping thing. My two sleep with me for naps forever!

    ReplyDelete