Friday, April 27, 2012

It's All Coming Back To Me...


Well, sort of. Last night was my second scrimmage since getting back on skates. The first one was positional blocking only and this one was 50%, but it feels like I'm getting back into the groove of things. My timing is waaay off, and I lack a lot of core support. I'm not huffing and puffing in the back of the pack though, and I feel like my awareness is decent.

To get ready for the April bout, we had team and individual photos taken.

Vegta Bully (618) (C)Minh Insixiangmy -all rights reserved

Cat-O-Strophix (C)Minh Insixiangmy -all rights reserved
Hot Rod Hotties (C) Leigh Armstrong
The Refs (C) Leigh Armstrong
The Fresh Meat (C)Minh Insixiangmy -all rights reserved
Even the Vegta Baby got in on the action.

He had a great time meeting all the pretty derby girls!
This past weekend, our league, Deadly Rival Roller Derby, had it's first official bout of the season. The Cat-O-Strophix (my team) took on The Hot Rod Hotties. I wasn't bout-ready yet, so I called lines. I have to thank my team for paying attention and getting out there when they were supposed to. Sometimes bench bitching is a challenge, but they made it a breeze! The Hotties started off strong, and we fought to stay tight in the score. At half time, it was still anyone's game, but in the second half, The Hotties started to fall prey to penalties. In the end, The Cat-O-Strophix took the game!



Our MVP's
Thank you Leigh Armstrong for some great shots!

If you live in the area, we are currently recruiting. If you can't skate (and don't want to learn) we really, really need non-skating officials (NSO's). You'll have a little job to do, but you get in free!

In other news, check back later tonight. I might just have a chance for you to win some cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment